The Rebirth of the Keyboard Workstation!
No single piece of gear Roland has introduced since their Fantom series keyboards even come close to offering you the no-holds-barred music-production power of the FA-06 keyboard workstation. It all starts off with the sounds - a collection of over 2,000 patches taken from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module including the complete SuperNATURAL synth engine. Add to that an absolutely astonishing set of effects and processors, and you're still just getting started. Powerful onboard sequencing and sampling let you build up your tracks, and killer performance options make playing on the FA-06 a blast. Top it off with an awesome user interface, total DAW integration, and a great-feeling semi-weighted 61-note keyboard, and you're in business!
Roland FA-06 Keyboard Workstation at a Glance:
- Packed with the sounds and effects you need to create anything
- Brilliant user interface designed to keep you in the creative zone
- From studio to stage, this is the keyboard workstation you need
Packed with the sounds and effects you need to create anything
The conventional wisdom at Sweetwater is that even the best keyboard workstation isn't worth much without the right sounds. That's why our Sales Engineers are happy to point out the Roland FA-06. This amazing keyboard comes loaded with over 2,000 sounds taken straight from Roland's flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module. This includes the complete SuperNATURAL synth engine (giving the FA-06 the capacity to download entirely new synth sounds) plus a killer set of acoustic tones, drums, and much more.
And you can add even more sounds via the FA-06's internal wave sound expansion slots. And if that wasn't enough, the FA-06 comes loaded with 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors, a TFX (total effects) section, global EQ, chorus, and reverb. Talk about creative possibilities!
Brilliant user interface designed to keep you in the creative zone
Ask any keyboard player or pianist, and they'll tell you that feel is a major consideration when it comes to picking the right workstation. Roland has always prided themselves on the feel of their keyboards, and the wonderful playing response of the FA-06's semi-weighted 61-note keyboard goes quite a way to prove that. But Roland took the same painstaking approach with every part of the FA-06, providing it with the best-feeling pads and the easiest-to-use control layout possible.
From its oversized color LCD to its various control sets, everything about the FA-06 was designed so that you could sit down, put your hands on the controls you need, and start making music. For example, there's a separate SDHC slot for the SP-404SX style groove sampler, and dedicated controls for tweaking your sounds on the fly. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The important thing is that when you sit down in front of your FA-06, it's not the overwhelming experience of interfacing with some monolithic workstation - it's like stepping up to a studio full of high tech gear that's all wired to work together flawlessly.
From studio to stage, this is the keyboard workstation you need
How many keyboards do you like schlepping to the average gig? Does the thought of lugging around a full keyboard workstation worry you just a little? The Roland FA-06 is the answer to all of your keyboard-related dreams, packing a full studio's worth of music-creation potential into a format that's light enough and small enough to take with you. Powerful real-time performance options such as D-Beam modulation, arpeggiation, looping, and step sequencing make playing out fun and exciting, and the fact that all of these functions are easy to get to and intuitive only makes it all better.
Back in the studio, you'll be impressed by how easily the Roland FA-06 keyboard workstation folds into the rest of your setup. With the push of a button and a simple USB connection, your FA-06 becomes the centerpiece of your studio, acting as your audio interface, MIDI keyboard, control surface, pad controller, and more. What's more, you can connect your FA-06 to your Apple iPad via the camera connection kit, providing you with even greater production power when you have to take your rig on the road.
Roland FA-06 Keyboard Workstation Features:
- Full-service keyboard workstation designed to make creating and performing music fun and intuitive
- Streamlined user interface provides you with a completely uninhibited creative workflow
- Great feeling semi-weighted 61-note keyboard provides a nice balance for playing a wide range of instrument sounds
- Includes over 2000 sounds from the flagship Roland INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums
- Add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots or download additional SuperNATURAL synth patches from Roland's Axial sound library site
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads, 4 banks, and direct recording and playback via SDHC cards
- 16-track sequencer with nonstop loop recording lets you build songs quickly
- Export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, as multitrack audio, or as MIDI data
- Polish your sounds with studio-quality effects including 16 independent MFX engines, 6 COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time via 6 user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Press a button to instantly configure your workstation for use with your DAW via USB (control templates for most major DAWs included)
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions open up new possibilities for your live performances
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording
- Dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing or tracking
- USB ports provide connectivity sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer
- MIDI communication with the iPad possible when using Apple's iPad Camera Connection Kit
|Sound Engine Type(s)||SuperNATURAL Synth, Acoustic & Drum, PCM Synth, PCM Drum, GM2 Compatible|
|Number of Keys||61|
|Type of Keys||Synth Action|
|Other Controllers||1 x Pitchbend/Mod Wheel, 1 x D-Beam, 1 x S1, 1 x S2, 6 x Control Knobs, Sample Pads|
|Number of Presets||2000+|
|Expansion||2 x Virtual SRX Slots|
|Number of Effects||16 x MFX, 6 x COMP+EQ, Chorus, Reverb, Master EQ+COMP|
|Effects Types||16 x MFX Engines, 6 COMP+EQ Processors for Drums, TFX, EQ, Chorus, Reverb|
|Audio Inputs||Line (Mini TRS), Guitar (TS)|
|Audio Outputs||2 x TRS, 1 x TS|
|USB||1 x Type A, 1 x Type B|
|Pedal Inputs||1 x Hold, 1 x CTL 1, 1 x CTL 2|
Roland fa-06 music workstation
- Brand: Roland
- Product Code: FA06
- Availability: Contact for availability